The T.E.I. of Epirus was founded with a Presidential Decree 343/1994 on 31st of October 1994 and is public self-governed Higher Educational Institution with headquarters at the city of Arta and teaching at the T.E.I. of Epirus is organised across four campuses in the cities of Ioannina, Arta, Igouminitsa and Preveza, which encompass a broad range of disciplines in academic schools and these are organised into five Schools, each of which is divided into a number of departments:
- Plant Production
- Animal Production
- Crop Science and Landscaping
- Network Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Department of Nursing
- Department of Speech and Therapy
- Department of Preschool Education
a) Department of Business and Economics (based at the Igoumenitsa campus) with specialization:
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Business Administration
- Applied Foreign Languages in Management and Economics
b) Department of Accountancy (based in Preveza campus).
The mission and vision of the T.E.I. of Epirus:
- To provide high quality and accredited curricula with the aim of achieving teaching excellence.
- To support research excellence.
- To strengthen the international standing and presence of the Institution.
- To enhance the organisation and function of administrative services.
- To use, implement and develop up to date Information and technology services.
- To enhance the quality of student support services and all other student supportive structures.
- To continually develop the connection of the T.E.I. of Epirus with the local context and society, and become a flagship institution for development and cultural advancement for the region of Epirus.
- To develop environmental friendly policies and actions.
- To enhance the accessibility of the services of the T.E.I. of Epirus to all citizens of the region of Epirus.
Strategic gaols of the T.E.I. of Epirus:
The goals of the T.E.I. of Epirus are:
- To become the Higher Educational Institution in Greece with regards to Applied Sciences as to attract the best undergraduate and postgraduate students primarily from Greece, but also from Europe, Africa and Asia.
- To support and develop all Schools as to achieve broad international recognition.
- To become integrated with the local culture and become environment friendly for students, employees and researchers.
- To continuously improve the quality of the working environment within the Institution.
- To developthemechanisms as to maintain contact with our graduates and develop with them synergies on educational, research and innovation.
- To attract the best Greek and International students and educational/research partners.